Remember last weeks last question? Well... every question submitted is this week's Thursday Thunks.
1. What is your favorite type of soda (if you drink soda)?
I drink Coca-Cola. Don't really like any other kind of soft drink. I'm a Coke-head!!
2. Do you believe in astrology? If so, what does your sign say about you?
Leo are warm of spirit, eager for action and are driven by a desire to be loved for what you bring to others. Leo are a magnanimous leader and a faithful servant. Once scorned in love, however, Leo will withdraw your affections and the light, once brilliant, can go cold.
Leo motto might be "What you see is what you get." You tend to live your live straightforwardly and with a flair for drama. In fact, many Leos are attracted to the theater, the performing arts and public relations, for you truly understand the importance of putting on a good presentation. As you blaze gloriously through your life, remember to take time to acknowledge the feelings of those around you. If you forget, you could unconsciously hurt someone you love. But, if you remain aware your impact, others can benefit from your presence.
3. Who is John Galt?
OK...I cheated. I had to look it up. He was a novelist, but is also the name of the hero in Ayn Rand's book "Atlas Shrugged", which, incidentally, I have always wanted to read but keep forgetting about.
4. What is the last thing you do before you go to sleep at night?
Close my eyes. *groan* No, really, I usually read a book.
5. Who's your Daddy?
Rest In Peace, Daddy!
6. Jelly beans or Jelly Bellies?
Jelly Bellies all the way. You can make combos that are out of this world!!
7. What do you think about yellow car? Why car manufacturer actually made yellow cars?
I wouldn't buy one, personally, but they do look neat on Lamborghinis and Ferraris.
8. Holding on or Letting go?
It depends. Hold on to the memories, let go of the pain.
9. What kind of underwear, if any, do you wear?
Usually boy shorts, unless my pants are tight. Then I do the butt floss thing.
10. Who is your daddy and what does he do?
My Daddy's name is Bill Duran. He did a lot of things in life, from a Navy sailor to a ship electrician to a realtor.
11. Spring - is it here yet??
Supposedly, but I'm not quite convinced.
12. Does Google Streetview scare you?
No! It helps my stalking quite a bit!
13. What is your favorite brand of ice cream?
Ben and Jerry's. Specifically, creme' brulee!! Heaven in a carton, I tell ya!
14. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
15. Do you ever get tired of your everyday routine?
Yes, I do. That's why I like to change it up so much!
16. What inspires you?
My children, fellow Marines, my family, God, nature.
17. It’s springtime-do you spend more time outdoors?
I would if I didn't live in Boston a.k.a. The Frozen Tundra! I miss San Diego sunshine!!
18. When do you think Bud will let us see the DVD of him and the french twins?
I think Bud is lying and there is no DVD. Or French twins, for that matter. (Pssttt..who the heck is Bud??)
19. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you, and why?
Thailand. The people are AMAZING, it's very very cheap, and there are amazingly beautiful areas.
20. Why do you blog?
To kill time, to appease my narcisstic tendencies, to keep in touch with friends, to document my life, to do reviews soon, to be me.
21. What are electrolytes and why are they good for us?
They are salts and minerals that conduct electrical impulses in our bodies. There! Now I have a headache from thinking.
22. Do you twitter? Why or why not?
I do to spread the word about contests. Thats about it.
23. What did you dream last night?
I cannot recall, actually! I remember my dreams about half the time. Last night I knocked out, though, and slept like a rock.
24. What is the strangest thing you've eaten?
This was my question!!! Me---escargot, frog legs, dried grubs, gator tail. I'm an adventurous eater.
25. What was the last picture that you took?
26. what is your favorite part of spring?
The colors..everything looks so soft and pretty! Oh..and little girls' spring dresses!
27. what is one thing that you did this past week that no one knows about?
Bought more scrapbooking/card stuff from Michael's. "My name is Estela and I'm a craft addict."
28. What kind of bandages do you typically have in your household?
Band-aids, usually with characters!
Your turn. Let's see what you thunked!
- I Heart Faces---Week 12 (Pouting)
- 365---Day 27
- Small Talk Six---Getting Nekkid
- Friday Fragments---3/27
- Thursday Thunks #4
- Ten on Tuesday: Vacations!
- Surgery pretty much stinks...
- 365 Cards---Day 22
- 365 Cards: Day 18
- Thursday Thunks #3
- For the Women...
- Starting from scratch? Yikes!
- Blog Party Coming Up!!
- Riding On Instinct Contest
- Small Talk Six...speaking of GREEN
- Being Green
- Cinnamon Sticks GUEST GROSGRAIN GIVEAWAY!!!!
- ThursdayThunks #2
- Sharing Again...
- I feel like sharing today!
- Thursday Thunks
- It Had To Be Me
- Sunday Stealing....Meme #1
- ▼ March (23)
- I first joined the Marine Corps in February of 1999. I was stationed at Camp Pendleton for three years and in Okinawa for one. I left active duty in 2003 and joined the Reserves that year. I had my first daughter in 2005, and moved from California to Massachusetts in 2006. I left the Marine Corps at that time, and had my second daughter in 2007. I reenlisted in the Corps in September of 2008 and went Active in 2009. I'm currently stationed back in California, loving the weather and the life!