Thursday, April 2, 2009
Come join me in answering these sometimes intense, often funny, always interesting questions from Thursday Thunks.
1. Did you play any April Fools jokes on anyone or have a joke played on you? I had a Pap Smear yesterday. I'm convinced it was the appointment scheduler's idea of a joke.
2. If you could be on any non-reality TV show as a guest star or star, which one would it be and why? House. I think I have the same style of sarcastic humor as Hugh Laurie's character.
3. Do you crack your knuckles? Definitely not! In fact, it's my pet peeve. I hate the sound of cracked knuckles. I think it's disgusting!!!
4. If you remember your first day of kindergarten, were you scared or excited? If you have kids or grandkids, were they scared or excited?I was super excited. I couldn't wait to drop them off! They were finally out of my hair while they were at school...oh..wait. That's not what you meant?
5. If you are in the shower, hear the fire alarm going off and smell smoke/see flames, will you just run out of the house with a towel on or grab some clothes & dress as you run out?I usually change in the bathroom after showering and place my clothes in there before getting in anyways, so I'd be covered....literally. Ha!
6. Last week the Thursday Thunkers asked about your Daddy (twice), so this week tell us a little about your Mom.
She is an amazing woman. She raised my two sisters and I by herself after she and Dad divorced. She is a high school ESL teacher, loves to go to casinos, has many strong friendships, and supports each of her daughters 100%!
7. Which search engine do you use most often? Swagbucks! Try it...you can earn Amazon GCs and MORE!!
8. Did you participate in Earth Hour? Oh crud...when was that again?
9. What was the last new-to-you movie you watched? Was it in the theater or on DVD? Was it good? Marie Antoinette on DVD. It was good as far as costuming, but they really left key historical points out.
10. If you do something embarrassing, do you laugh it off, or sit & worry about it? I pretend to laugh, but my face will turn red and I dwell on it for a bit.
11. Where is your favorite spot in your home to sit & relax? Our couch has a chaise on it that I love to curl up on.
- ▼ April (7)
- I first joined the Marine Corps in February of 1999. I was stationed at Camp Pendleton for three years and in Okinawa for one. I left active duty in 2003 and joined the Reserves that year. I had my first daughter in 2005, and moved from California to Massachusetts in 2006. I left the Marine Corps at that time, and had my second daughter in 2007. I reenlisted in the Corps in September of 2008 and went Active in 2009. I'm currently stationed back in California, loving the weather and the life!